New tank advice

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

jxr182

Reaction score
I'm in the market for a tank upgrade and have a tank from my lfs in mind. It's a 75g mainland with a farmstyle stand. I'm sure most stores carry the same or similar model. Well for just $200 more Petsmart is having a sale for a 125g combo. I would normally consider this $200 well spent but the reviews! The reviews tear apart the stand, to the point the tank seems unsafe. What are your opinions? You think Petsmart would sell something that's made that cheaply to warp from normal humidity? Do any of you own this tank? It's a Top Fin brand. Would love your feedback.

Actually was just looking. That 125 has a 20% online discount to bring it to 560 so the price difference is only $60.

Last edited:
I'm in the market for a tank upgrade and have a tank from my lfs in mind. It's a 75g mainland with a farmstyle stand. I'm sure most stores carry the same or similar model. Well for just $200 more Petsmart is having a sale for a 125g combo. I would normally consider this $200 well spent but the reviews! The reviews tear apart the stand, to the point the tank seems unsafe. What are your opinions? You think Petsmart would sell something that's made that cheaply to warp from normal humidity? Do any of you own this tank? It's a Top Fin brand. Would love your feedback.

Actually was just looking. That 125 has a 20% online discount to bring it to 560 so the price difference is only $60.
We were in PetSmart in November and noticed that they were having sales on their 125 gallon tanks. The two tanks they had in the store was ridiculously cheap and upon further inspection I noticed the reason why they were so cheap was that each tank had a good chip of glass missing both of tthe tanks at the left front corners where the two pieces of glass were sealed together. It was between nickel and quarter size and the one tank had two chips. I brought this to the manager's attention letting them know that this made the tanks unsafe to fill with water and was told that they were going to move them to the back of the store for disposal. I was just in the stores the last week and guess what was sitting still for sale... the same two tanks with the same chips on the corners of them where the two pieces of glass are silicone together!
So to answer your question, yes they will sell you tanks that are not fit to fill or keep fish in. It's all about the $$$$ to them. I do like the looks of their stands but I can bet you that they will not hold up to water.
Too good to be true...

Good luck finding something, you can always build your own stand out of wood. There are a lot of YouTube channels that show you how.

That's unbelievable yet all too believable. And it's exactly what I was afraid of. I'm going to pass on this one.

Hello. Would really love an indoor tank this size. But, that's roughly 1,250 pounds sitting on your floor. Not so sure that would work. This seems like a lot of weight, but that's just me. I know, flooring in a house is made to withstand this kind of weight. All that water might be a reason for some concern. Now, if you were planning to set this tank up on your basement, then go for it.

Yea if you have a crawlspace with wooden floors I might be concerned. Or if you’re not on the first floor. I live in a house with a concrete slab so no concern there for me. However I had a 150 that sprung a leak and, well, with a crawlspace at least the water would have had somewhere to go. With my slab it just flooded the living room and stayed there.

Most reactions

Back