New symptoms

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

CraZ4fiSHieS

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hey I know you are all tired of me askin about my puffer, :S but he is showing new symptoms that I was curious about. :/
First off, he is still on his ups and downs, color normal one minute, looking to be at deaths door the next.
What is happening now is this: He swims slightly lop-sided when hes just chilling, but then suddenly he goes into these huge bursts and nearly propels himself out of the water! :crazy: Also, after just finishing a water change I noticed a tiny red dot on his left side kinda under the gill. :/
Ok, so I know that toxic levels of amonia can cause a fish to try and jump out of the tank and swim eratically, but I do daily water changes for him and put in some ammo-lock and stress coat to try and keep the toxins as low as possible for him. Any idea whats with this weirdo behavior? :( Or about the red spot?? :/ Please!? :-(

Hes also running into the sides of the tank really hard when he goes into the swim fits (?). :-( He just got done doing that and now he is laying on the floor of the tank lopsided and "blinking" and his color is puke green. :-( Im losin him arent i?? :-(

I hate to tell you. I dont think hes gonna recover. Thats normally the last thing that happens a big burst of energy. I have oftrn thought that my fish was feeling better then the next hes gone :-( I am not sure hes gonna make it. But please dont rely on me your the only one who can asses him. :(

I think he had some internal bleeding. The brown spots were probably a clue. Maybe leading to his vomitting. this will also lead to a change in color,

Well, now he is swimming around with his tail straight up. :( I can hope all I Want, but I think I am losing him. :sad: Hes lasted Id say a little over a week with this illness (whatever the heck it is) and the last 4 days he hasnt eaten. Ive tried so hard, but I think this is a losing battle. He doesnt seem to be improving at all. :no: Is there any humane way to put him out of his misery? Or do I have to just sit here and watch him continue to slowly die? :-(
BTW: Thank you to everyone for the help they have been giving me. :thumbs: :-(

there is a thread in one of the forums on how to euthanize a fish. You probably wont like your options. The title of the thread was called vodka and it was started by elisabeth. I think it was in the chit chat section it should have a red envelope as there were many responses. I think we all agreed the most common way and most humane way was decapitation(I know it sounds terrible) but its the least painful. There is also a quick blow to the ead that works the same. You just gotta make sure you do it right the first time. I am so so so sorry you have to deal with this I have lost a coiple of fish recently so I can still remeber the pain you are dealing with. Good luck.
steve

Oh my goodness! :crazy: I had no idea putting him down would be so violent. :( I will check out that thread tho and see what it says. Thank you for you help and understanding. :) :-(

Most reactions

Back