New Stocking Plans

Jonty

Fish Addict
Joined
Mar 4, 2009
Messages
744
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Was in my lfs yesterday and saw a deep red Betta which was really nice. My current stock in the 60l is now:

5 Harliquin Rasbora
2 Endlers
25 (day old) Endler Fry
1 Betta called Ruby :blush:

And my 30l

6 ADFs
6 Apple Snails
6 (month old) endler fry.

So my questions are:

1. I'm going back to pick up some Neon Dwarf Gourami tommorrow, as they were just in and couldn't be sold yesterday. Therefore the betta would be in the 30l and Dwarfs in the 60l. Is this OK
2. The Dwarfs are in a deal of 3 for something (can't remember). IS 3 advisable in that tank, or should I just get a pair?
3. I'm leaving the day old fry to fend for themselves. Will the Gourami eat them?
4. Who is more likely to eat the month old fry, the Betta or Gourami? I'd like to keep them alive, hopefully. They're currently about 1.5cm long.

Thanks for your time,
Jonty
 
The betta would be much better off in the 30litre in my opinion, i'm not very experienced with gourami's so i can't answer your questions there but i do think you fry would be safer with the betta.

Bettas are slow swimmers and have smaller mouths than a gourami that can swim faster to chase the fry if it wanted to eat them and a 1.5 cm long a betta couldn't fit a whole one in it's mouth.

Again i don't know too much about ADFs apart from they feed on bloodworms and copper is a no go in their water so you'd have to ask someone else is they would work with your stocking and tank size.

Best of luck and keep us posted :good:
 
Thanks for that, that's what I was hoping for.

Another question (sorry), in the 30l I run a stingray elite 2(I think it's 2, does up to 55 litres) and the out flow is quite powerful. It's been fine with fry and frogs so far, is it ok for a betta? Thanks.
 
That filter should be fine and i have it in with one of my bettas, if you place it so the out let is near the side of the tank the current isnt very strong at all.

My guy who's in there with only a few kuhli loaches likes to give them copetitions as to who can swim better in the current.

All in all it shouldnt be a problem :)
 

Most reactions

Back
Top