New Shrimp

Baccus

We are not born just so we can die
Global Moderator ⚒️
Reaction score
Hopefully next week I will be getting my new False Zebra Shrimp (Caridina confusa) and I can't wait :hyper: :yahoo: :yahoo: . I might also be getting some other native shrimp as well. :yahoo:

So for the next few days I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that they arrive safe and sound.

Pictures will be added once I get them.....watch this space :cool:

Hopefully by Tuesday next week I will finally have my long awaited for shrimp. I'll post pics once they are here so everyone can get to see Australian False Zebra shrimp (Caridina confusa), and possibly North Queensland Zebra shrimp (Caridina zebra), they only get to around 2cm so I think they are going to not only be pretty additions to my tanks but also incredibly cute.

Hopefully by Tuesday next week I will finally have my long awaited for shrimp. I'll post pics once they are here so everyone can get to see Australian False Zebra shrimp (Caridina confusa), and possibly North Queensland Zebra shrimp (Caridina zebra), they only get to around 2cm so I think they are going to not only be pretty additions to my tanks but also incredibly cute.

Have you got them yet?

Unfortunately no not yet, there has been a few hold ups with being able to get them transported to me. I am still hopeful that in the next week or so I will finally receive them.

Unfortunately no not yet, there has been a few hold ups with being able to get them transported to me. I am still hopeful that in the next week or so I will finally receive them.
hope it comes soon if it was me I wouldn't be able to wait lol

I have been in contact with the seller and it looks like I will be getting Caridina confusa, Caridina zebra, as well as Red Nosed shrimp which are not the Asian type but one of the Australian types which can and will breed in pure fresh water. He is also throwing in some Harvey Creek Blue Eyes :hyper: , so I am really looking forwards this parcel finally arriving.

Its been a while but the wait has been worth it, my shrimp (5 types :hyper: :yahoo: ) plus Harvey creek blue eyes and two types of snail have all arrived alive and well. I am over the moon and so excited to finally see these wonderful natives in the flesh. I'll take some photos of them later once they have settled in so watch this space.

First Pictures of one of my new shrimp species.

P1060240.jpg

P1060239.jpg

They are called Caridina gracilirostris

And now introducing to the world stage :band: North Queensland Zebra Shrimp.
P1060251.jpg

P1060260.jpg

And another of the long nosed fellas
P1060266.jpg

And now the amazing snails also from North Queensland. The long cone ones should eventually reach around 12cm while the little squat guys with the spines should get to around 6cm.

P1060274.jpg

P1060272.jpg

There will be more shrimp photos to be added I still have not taken photos of the C. confusa (AKA false Zebra shrimp) or the newly discovered speices of Caridina.

Oh wow Baccus those zebra shrimps are fantastic! :hyper: I can't wait to see more. I would love to get my hands on some of those.

Oh wow Baccus those zebra shrimps are fantastic! :hyper: I can't wait to see more. I would love to get my hands on some of those.

Well you know vaguely where to catch them :hey: ;) :lol: , I know its a huge area to try and find a tiny shrimp in. Who knows maybe mine will survive and breed up a storm, then I can send them back home up your way.

Heres some extra pics of them

P1060282.jpg

P1060298.jpg

Hopefully I will get some better pictures once I am sure they are settled to my water and I can get them out into the main tank. To give you an idea of how small these guys are even male cherry shrimp make these NQLD Zebras look like dwarves.

And now showing for the first time.....

Caridina confusa

P1060308.jpg

P1060310.jpg

P1060311.jpg

Oooooo I've got to have some of those shrimps too. :hyper: All your shrimps are great but I do love the zebras.

Yeah I have a soft spot for the zebras too ;) , they are so pretty and dont seem phased by anything. The confusa which are roughly female cherry shrimp size are a bit freaked out by the cory's. But they will get used to them in no time.

Most reactions

Back