NEW SET UP

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

mbunaman

Reaction score
I have a 48x18 18 inch tank set up and currently have 2 bristlenose catfish in there and i am planning on stocking it on saturday what would you guys recomend me... Cheers

Hi, welocme and happy birthday :flowers: :wizard: Has your tank cycled yet or is it a new setup. I keep Malawis as well as my community tank. At the moment I have auloncaras, electric yellows, p.elongatus, one bristlenose and featherfin upside down catfish and a couple of tanganikan julis (although I wouldn't recommend keeping both lakes together - it's a long story as to how I got the two types together) The malawis are very terrotorial and need a very rocky setup with lots of caves and hidey holes.

its been cycling for 4 weeks.

It has caves and rocks over moist of the tank high at the back sloping to the front. Ph is at 8.2
temp is 79
amonia is 0
nitrite is 0
nitrate is 25

Sounds good - I started mine with the electric yellows - then gradually added the rest.

how 'bout some TANGANYIKAN :p
tan03.jpg

tan15.jpg

tan38.jpg

oops sorry about the BIG pics

I have 6 auloncara maisoni and electric yellows. This will allow them to match up as they want. the A.Maisoni are really pretty. but only the males change colors and when they do it is a really bright blue. it is really amazing.

Most reactions

Back