New Plants At Work

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

onidrase

Let's Be Friends
Reaction score
Hey guys. We just got some new plants and I'd like to know a little more about their care and demands, how big they get, etc. So I don't sell them mindlessly and have angry people come in with rotten mushy plants.

they are as following:
Bacopa bacopa caroliniana
Telanthera cardinalis alternanthera reineckiii 'cardinalis'
Needle leaf ludwigia ludwigia arcuata
Green hormanii sword echinodorus uruguayensis

Any info is appreciated, maybe I'll take a few of these home with me :shifty:

I've kept the alternanthera reineckiii before with not much luck.
I was told they do better in more temperate tempratures, but I already had them so I gave them a shot.
They melted within the week and didn't root well. The stems that did survive were lovely though.

At that time I had 1.4wpg t5 lights, no co2, trace/macro ferts weekly.

Edit: Take my info with a grain of salt. I got these when I first started going planted, so I might've just done something very wrong and killed them. I'm still learning here; there's so much information to take in!
A quick google search told me they like high lighting, co2, ferts and can withstand a temp range of 22-26c.

bacopa caroliniana is probably the easiest cleanest looking plant that I have kept.

Plants will adjust to your lighting and co2. They just may look different and grow slower.

Bacopa bacopa caroliniana = Easy peasy
Telanthera cardinalis alternanthera reineckiii 'cardinalis' = not as easy, they will melt and loose it's emersed leaves. When this happens, snip the tops and re plant. You may also struggle to keep it red without C02.
Needle leaf ludwigia ludwigia arcuata = Quite easy, will need some C02 to go red though.
Green hormanii sword echinodorus uruguayensis = Again quite easy, but also grown emersed so will loose those leaves, stick with it and trim the olf leaves of and you'll be on a winner.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back