New Plants And Shrimp, Help!

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

bluesword23516

Fish Addict
Reaction score
So am I ok to add the plants right into my tank? i have about 10 new ones to put in, I already have one live plant. They are low light plants and did really well in the previous owners tank.  I also got 5 cherry shrimp, I am treating them just like new fish. Am I ok to just put them in? I didn't see anything wrong with his fish tanks, no disease and I think he would have warned me if there was illness. 

Please help, any advice welcome! 

I would give your plants a quick bleach dip just to make sure all is okay, and I'd propably sit them in a bucket of water for a few days to get snail hitchhikers off them.

Your cherries you can drop acclimatise to your water in case the pH is different (check the pH of the shrimp's water and yours). If they are about the same, then you can probably put them straight in after adjusting to temperature.

Yeah, the shrimp are in I slowly acclimated them.  I have a single white skirt tetra who is pretty nippy.  She went after them a few times but couldn't fit them in, so do you think it will leave them alone now? 

Most reactions

Back