New Pics Of First Tank

degsod

Fish Addict
Joined
Apr 14, 2009
Messages
723
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Merseyside, UK
SDC10404.jpg


SDC10406.jpg


SDC10407.jpg
 
nice tank full of plants, wish mine would grow like that :good:
 
nice tank full of plants, wish mine would grow like that :good:


Thanks, they just seem to grow, in that tank I don't do anything special except prune the plants once a fortnight, no CO2 or dosing. The fish munch their way through vast amounts as well.
 
I love it! Looks very natural, you are lucky it grows without anything, imagine it with co2 and ferts hehe!

Pruning ey? Send some my way :)
 
I love it! Looks very natural, you are lucky it grows without anything, imagine it with co2 and ferts hehe!

Pruning ey? Send some my way :)


I tend to break the rules on planting and allow tall at the front with small front back and middle. It helps to provide retreats and seems to give the tank more dept. I might consider CO2 and ferts later on, I am saving up for a 6 x 2 x 2 tank so I will need to plant that out.

Hehe I might go into the plant business. The hair grass and cabomba grow mad!!!
 
I have to say you are doing something spot on! I am dosing E.I. boosting GH and injecting CO2 just to get my plants to grow lol!

PS some shots in focus would be nice ;)
 
I have to say you are doing something spot on! I am dosing E.I. boosting GH and injecting CO2 just to get my plants to grow lol!

PS some shots in focus would be nice ;)


Wish I knew what I was doing right LOL, will try and get some in focus, the problem is that I have to turn the flash off on my camera to get the pic, which causes the exposure to be a bit longer. I have not got a stand for this camera.

I will have a play with the settings tonight on the camera to see if I can get some better pics
 
mine do the same I have to prune once a week if I leeve it 3 weeks I carn't see the fish.
 
how do you keep your red plants so red? mine always die off.


I have had trouble with the red ones as they do keep on dying off or the go brown, That is the third one but it has lasted about 4 weeks and seems to be growing. Only time will tell if it survives!!

Like I said before in this tank I have not put in any ferts or CO2 and most of the plants are ok.
 
Stick your camera on a pillow / cushon, then in countdown / timer mode then let go before pressing shutter release - should work :)
 

Most reactions

Back
Top