New Pelvic/Ventral fin gowth growing at the wrong angle?

Laert

Reaction score
Hi, all, fist post :)

New to the hobby and about 2 weeks in with my betta (Billy) and noticed something strange about his fins. Hopefully getting right fin name, it's the fins that are like strands that start below his mouth.

Anyway, after getting him from a pet shop I noticed these fins were quite short and uneven on him compared to some other Bettas I'd seen. After about a week I noticed that the longer of the two was growing a white tip (put down to new fin growth after some googling). I think he's slowly been recovering from having some nippy tanks mates in the shop as his other fins look like they've grown fuller/longer over the weeks too.

However, over the last 2 days I've noticed his shorter pelvic/ventral fin growing a similar white tip, only this one looks like its jutting out at the wrong angle, almost perpendicular? Have tried taking a picture, but struggling to get a super clear shot so have drawn in as best I can what it looks like.

Just wondering if this is something I should be worried about or just let time and healing do it's thing?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240221_173138_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240221_173138_Gallery.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 14
Hi, and welcome to the forum !

I wouldn't worry too much about that, as bettas pelvic fins (and all other fins) are very soft and flexible.

It will straighten up and follow the flow with time... Keep up the water quality.

A small amount of salt and catappa leaves in the water are beneficial for bettas that have a tendency to hurt themselves fooling around.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back