New Larger Fish?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

shaygreen11

Mostly New Member
Reaction score
Hi i have a 500 ltr tropical aquarium i am wanting to add some more larger and interesting fish to it but i already have fish in there that i moved in from my old tank so im not sure which fish will be safe to go in. any help appreciated

in my tank i have...

*Synodontis Eupterus (squeeker)
*Opaline Guirami
*Golden Guirami
*2 Silver dollars
*2 Silver sharks
*Angel Fish
*2 Paradise Fish
*2 Tiger Barbs
*Golden Bristlenose Plec
*Twig Catfish
*Jewel Malawi Cichlid
*Rainbow Shark

First thing is your tiger barb stock. You'd need to get them a proper school but they can be real bullies. Silver dollars need a school.

Paradise fish are not suitable for the average community. The sharks can be rather nippy.

You've got an odd mix of boisterous and shy fish so I would focus on improving schools and focusing on removing any potential aggression issues.

The tiger barbs are the last surviving from an old school so im waiting for them to die, that sounds horrible but i dont want to add more when in the long run i dont want tiger barbs lol. im going to add more silver sharks and more silver dollars. they all live quite happily with no aggression problems. because they are the stock i moved from my old 180 ltr tank it is a bit of an odd mix so because i have a larger tank im wanting to add some more large fish but peaceful ones so i can have a few different types, im not talking massive but a fair size :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back