New idea for stocking 55 gallon

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

cowgirluntamed

Fish Herder
Reaction score
So..my future tank will be planted. Probably a lot of crypts, swords and some sort if fast growing floating plant(water lettuce or amazon frogbit). All of this will be set up way before fish.

Anyway...I had been thinking of doing glow light tetras and harlequin rasboras. However, I'm almost thinking of changing that up a bit.

Main group will be glow light tetras. Then I was considering the marble hatchet fish. And maybe some sterbai cories or peppered cories depending on what I could get. Also a bristle nose pleco will be in this tank too.

Main question is...how many do you think would be good? I don't want to overstock it so I was just curious. I was kind of thinking maybe 40 glowlights? 10 hatches and 10 cories? I do plan on putting sterbai cories in my 20 gallon so if they breed in it, I may have to add some to the 55. Lol.

Anyway, what do you guys think? Again I could change my mind but I do love the glowlights!

I see no problems so far, and you have space for more fish. I'm not sure I would want 40 glowlights, maybe 25-30...but that's up to you. The temperature will presumably be cooler than warmer, in the low 70's F likely. Neon tetra ofteen look nice with glowlights, in similar-sized shoals.

I was mostly thinking that I've never seen a huge shoal of just the glowlights. I think it might be neat to do mostly just them plus some top and bottom dwelling fish. I'm not even sure on the hatchets to be honest but thought I might get bored only seeing glowlights. Lol. So I thought of the hatchets and the cories to sort of break it up a bit. And yes low to mid 70s is what I was thinking(no more than 75 for sure).

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back