New here

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Ragene Pinson

Reaction score
I'm Ragene and I'm in the process of starting my first aquarium in about 20 years. And this is the first time I've ever set one up the "proper way". The aquariums I had years ago were always smaller and I didn't know about cycling, reducing light time, or proper maintenance, etc..

I have purchased a 65 gallon tank and am in the process of a fishless cycle. I am also doing live plants for my first time ever. The tank is in a main room of my house so that I can keep a constant eye on it, and I have it away from windows and vents. I have a Fluval 3.1 plant light and I'm only keeping lights on about 6 hours out of the day and I'm keeping the blue light to a minimum to reduce algae growth. I've added a hob filter that's rated for a tank up to 110 gallon and I also have a dual sponge filter at the opposite end.

I've been trying to read everything available, joined FB groups, and am watching every youtube video I can find. I look forward to being a part of this forum; enough so that I've posted my first question even before introducing myself. The first post is in the beginners question board.

Attachments

• IMG_3744.JPG
    IMG_3744.JPG
    462.7 KB · Views: 19
Well, welcome aboard... :hi:
The deco in your tank does suit perfectly to the poster in the back.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back