New Heater Question

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

scottca

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hi All,

My heater needs to be replaced, ive been looking at several variations and im a bit confused on what the best options are. I like the idea of having one with a LCD showing the current water temp, at least this means I can get rid of my current thermom and so reduce the total ammount of items in my tank. so really im wondering:

- Are the LCD ones good?
- Which heaters would you recomend, there are several on Ebay, one is made by iQuatics, but ive never heard of them. Should I stick to something like a Fluval E Series?
- Ive seen Ceramic ones advertised, are they better than glass?

Thanks in advance,

Craig

Hi Craig i recently purchased a fluval 200 e series heater, Ive found they need a good flow of water around them or you get a warning flash up LF ( low flow) and then the temp starts to increase. But now i have sorted that problem out its a great heater and very accurate with the temprature reading, I have the old stick on one on the other side of the tank and they both read the same. In my opinion a good buy mate :good:

I have no experience with LED heaters. What is your concern with a thermometer? Once you have verified that a heater is doing its job, you can move your thermometer to a new tank. I only have about 5 alcohol thermometers but have 26 tanks running. When I set up a new tank I place a thermometer in the tank to let me get everything perfect, but once that is done I move the thermometer to where it is needed next. If I have no present need for a thermometer, the device spends its time in my spare parts location. It is not harmed by following room temperatures and is readily available whenever it is needed. If I have a tank that I have set to hold 77F, 225C, and it has a heater stick on or stick off, I quickly notice the fact by feeling the tank water be far too cool or too warm. There is no need for a precise device to make that observation, and the accurate indication can be restored to the tank in a matter of minutes. Why fret over-much about digital temperature indications?

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back