New Fishy

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Sounds like you’ve done everything well so far!

But yeah. I’d say just give him time, traveling via mail is a stressful experience. I’d say give him a week or two to fully feel comfortable. Some fish don’t take this long, but others do depending on personality. Turning off the lights also helps the super skittish~

Just watch him and let us know if any other health issues arise

I'm new to this so I really don't have any tips. However, that is a beautiful picture of him! I can't wait to get my new apartment so I can start cycling my 20 gallon!

I'm new to this so I really don't have any tips. However, that is a beautiful picture of him! I can't wait to get my new apartment so I can start cycling my 20 gallon!
That's so exciting 😆

Do you have floating plants? If not get some. Also add some rocks and such to give multiple levels of places for the beastie to roam and hide.
It is fully scaped so there's a nice mix of rocks, driftwood and plants. I have a plant order on the way with some floaters. Unfortunately, it didn't arrive before Archer as planned.

Sounds like you’ve done everything well so far!

But yeah. I’d say just give him time, traveling via mail is a stressful experience. I’d say give him a week or two to fully feel comfortable. Some fish don’t take this long, but others do depending on personality. Turning off the lights also helps the super skittish~

Just watch him and let us know if any other health issues arise
Thanks. I just hate seeing him so stressed 😓

This morning he came out a few times but he's still looking really stressed out. His filter is very soft, the tank is in a low-traffic area and I've kept the tank light off for now. The room still gets bright enough for the plants to be happy and for Archer to have a night-day cycle. I offered some brine shrimp this morning, he ate the few that fell in front of him. The tank heater is set at 24C but it sits around 25-26C due to the hot weather. The heater doesn't usually kick in during summer but it's there just in case. I ordered some almond leaves for him last night.

Any tips on making him feel more at home would be greatly appreciated.

View attachment 308771

Looks like he’s settling in OK. Give another day or 2, he should be more relax.
A nice fish, a bit like a Betta Imbellis. Can I ask where you ordered him from, livefish.com ?

Still pretty stressed but definitely making progress :fish:
2AF6AEDC-64ED-4EC7-8F8B-C068098A8996_1_105_c.jpeg

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back