New Fish

stucolls

Fishaholic
Joined
Jul 15, 2007
Messages
586
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Torquay, Devon, England
Hey guys picked up 2 new fishies today, a RTB Shark which I have had before and a Leopard Bush Fish, its beautiful, has anyone had one before??

I also went down the beach and got a fe great rocks, my RTBS now has a stunning big cave in his new home, a productive day indeed!!
 
been ages since i saw you here :) hope your well, congrats on the new fish, never even heard of that one never mind kept one :lol:
RTBS are stunning tho, love em!
 
Leopard Bush fish aka spotted climbing perch or leopard ctenopoma are great fish, They are predatory so don't tempt them by keeping them with any tetras or similar sized fish, They can also be quite shy so it isn't best to house them with boistrous fish like RTBS unless you have a good sized tank (60G+ IMO)
 
I have seen the leopard bush fish up here they are more commonly know as Spotted climbing perch,gorgeous fish but put me off as they will eat smaller fish :(
 
My tanks 5ft, fairly narrow but long enough for them to have decent territory.

Yeak I kinda lost interest in my fish for a while but I have the bug back now lol
 
I've 2 bush fish in my Rio 125 and not found them to shy, they spend quite a bit of time in the front of the tank but do venture to the back which is heavily planted, as for predatory they are like any other fish ..... if the fish are small enough to fit into their mouth they will eat it.

I've seen some very young ctenopoma in our local shops and the could quite happily swim with rasbora's etc... until they get as big as my two and then I'd have to move all of them out of the tank or find them slowly missing over a period of time LOL

But I do love my bush fish I've got to say.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top