New Filter

maximinimus

Fish Crazy
Joined
Jun 9, 2008
Messages
204
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Derbyshire
I currently have a planted Juwel Vision 180.

Stocking:
10 cardinal tetras
4 Blue Rams
6 Odessa Barbs
1 L260

Filtration:
Juwel Compact H with 600lph powerhead
Tetratec Ex600 external

------

I am planning to replace both filters with a single Tetratec EX1200, giving the EX600 to my sister and keeping the compact H as a spare.

Would it be ok to replace the EX600 immediately by putting the mature ceramic rings and bioballs straight in the new filter and run in parallel with my compact H for a week, then remove the compact H?

I am wondering if changing from 1200lph with mature filters to 1800lph with only 600lph mature will start a minicycle?
 
You hit the nail on the head, bung the media from the ex600 straight into the ex1200 and job done, run it straight away :) No fear of mini cycle, specially concidering you've still got the juwel filter there for a while.
 
Well, I ordered my Tetratec ex1200 from 1st4aquatics at 2pm yesterday for £63.99 including delivery.

It arrived at 7:30am this morning!

I'll be setting it up tonight, after I have a think about where to put it, the box is absolutely huge!
 
Most of the box space is taken by the filter too..... I love 1st4, thats where I got mine from also....It would appear they hare lowered their price since I ordered too..... Typical :lol:

The EX600 and the EX1200 use different size pads, so the ceramic and bio-ball medias are all you can change over unfortunately. It should be fine to do a direct swap IMO for these medias and run the EX1200 along side the Juwel for a few weeks. After about 2-3 weeks, I'd start to remove one sponge from the juwel a week to transfer filter dominance to the EX1200 :good:

HTH
Rabbut
 

Most reactions

Back
Top