New crown tail

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Kiri

Reaction score
My b/f couldn't resist and bought another crowntail, chocolate colored and he seems pretty happy in the 70litre tank which he shares with baby guppies and 2 kuhli loaches... should I get him some female company or will he be content with his current roomamtes? He hasn't eaten anyone yet but I think that's because they are faster than him since they don't have to carry a large tail around. He seems quite calm and only displays if the b/f puts the mirror against the tank!

I wouldn't get him a female. He'll tear her up until she breeds with him, and then probably kill her after that because she wouldn't be able get away. Unfortunately, bettas are not a type of fish who live well as couples! :no:

P.S. Congrats on the new fishie - he sounds lovely!! :D

I was thinking of getting at least 3 so he wouldn't do that. Is it possible for females to get aggressive to other females, I have this pretty cream with red fins ?female betta who flares up and charges the other red female betta but my male in that tank just dawdles around not interested in the girls. My b/f's theory is that she is actually a short finned he! But I figure if this was the case then my blue/black crown-tail would be flarring all the time...I'm confused lol. :/

Most reactions

Back