New Crayfish/Lobster Need info!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Killerbro511

Reaction score
Hi I have recently bought a new 5g tank and am waiting for it to cycle. I was thinking that i would get one of those blue crayfish but i don't really know much about them. Im open to any sugestions about caring, feeding, what decorations and plants to put in ect. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

If this is the electric blue crayfish, Procambarus alleni, they will get far too big for a 5 gallon. These ones can get pretty big, and they are pretty active too.

If you are referring to the blue brazos dwarf cray, then they would be a better fit. A 10 gallon would be preferable, but a 5 gallon is acceptable. They aren't as vibrant as the larger electric blue, many don't look incredibly blue at all but they are still attractive. You will need to provide a few places for it to hide, and it will need a tight fitting lid without gaps to avoid escape. Dwarf crays don't tend to harm plants either.

They should be fed invertebrate pellets, vegetables and frozen foods such as bloodworms and brine shrimp.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back