New Betta

Silva_Fishy

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hey, new to the world of bettas, :D

My friend just had a party and in each if the tables here were little tanks with bettas in them and i got 1 as a thanx for helping with the preperations :)

He's a crown tail with purple fins and a whitish blochy body. I brought him home today and claned the tank and put some conditioner in there, put him back and put the tank in my room. I fed him some blood worms, just a little, but it seems like he didnt eat much if any at all. Is there a reeson 4 this?

I'll be sending photos soon B)

From what I understand it's not unusual for a betta to refuse food while they adjust to new surroundings.Also, bettas have different tastes in food.One of mine doesn't care for bloodworms at all.The other will gobble them up in a hurry.Be patient and try a variety of foods.He should come around in time.

Sounds like a beautiful fish :)

Koda

Give him time to adjust to his new surroundings. He is not eating because he is probably nervous in his new environment. You can skip the feeding for 3 or 4 days, then drop a single pellet or bloodworm in his bowl and walk away. Come back in about 5 to 10 minutes. If it's gone, then he gets the idea and drop one more and see if he eats it. Just do it slowly and take your time. Once he gets used to you, it's gravy from there on. :) One of my guys took 3 weeks before he decided to eat. Now he can't wait for feeding time!

haha, not a surprsie, i got 5 bettas and 2 of htem LOVE bloodworms, while hte other guys will eat it, and then spit them back out :p picky eaters.

Most reactions

Back