New Betta Has Ich!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Okay, he's redeveloped ich. I've been falling behind on water changes, so I'm 90% sure that's why. But, when I went to turn up the heater for the treatment, I reached my hand into the water and it's definitely at LEAST 85 degrees. It's supposed to be 78. I'm going to grab a thermometer whenever I can get over to the pet store.

Is it possible that it's been too warm for too long, and that reawoke the previously dormant ich?
Also, that WOULD explain his jumping out of the water for a few days...

Also see my other new thread: http://www.fishforums.net/threads/could-this-possibly-be-lymphocystis.446251/#post-3774135
I'm worried he might have lymphocystis as well. Hopefully I can save this poor fish...

I reached my hand into the water and it's definitely at LEAST 85 degrees

Do you have a thermometer? The hand in the water means nothing.

I did not have a thermometer, but I bought one a few hours ago and dropped it in. It was around 87 degrees. That's supposed to kill the ich, though, so why did it reappear? Stress, maybe?

Oh also, I unplugged the heater and am going to buy a heater later today or tomorrow. Hopefully today, but it's possible it'll be tomorrow.

The temperature settled out at about 76 degrees. I'm maintaining it fairly well with the light as well as utilizing my fan. I doubt I'm going to be able to buy a heater today, but I am definitely going to order one ASAP.

Tilly still has ich, though it's really not that bad. I'm thinking that maybe the spot on his head is a burnt or missing scale, but I really don't know. Hopefully this gets sorted out soon.

It looks like a bump, as for the ICH its hard to tell if the spots are on the fish or glass.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back