New Behavior!

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

PrairieSunflower

Fish Gatherer
Reaction score
Right, so I have another thread about being new to honey gourami.  I posted my pics and it is agreed that I seem to have done well picking a male and two females.  I have re-organized my tank because one female was being quite bossy, especially when an algae wafer was introduced.

So, at first my fish were all following each other around with the new arrangement... now, the male is off confidently exploring and the two females are.... getting to know each other??  I have been watching many you tube videos recently and they appear to be doing that courtship thing... they are going up side to side with each ones head near the other's tail.. and reaching out with their feelers and wiggling... what does this mean?  They are looking comfortable as both have their dark stripe on display (shy girl has a tendency to turn pale at the drop of a hat).

What does that mean?

Second behavior related question....

Would Indian almond leaves have any benefits in helping calm my bossy female?  Or is that a bad idea?  I once saw a list of fish that benefit but I don't remember where that was.  I thought I would ask since I have a bunch for my betta.

Most reactions

Back