New be with Eheim problems.

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

John Page

Reaction score
Hi I am new to this forum. For man years I have kept tropic fish and for the last 15 or so I have mainly kept Milawi cichlids. I have a 5 ft tank with an Eheim 2178 pro 3e 600T filter and this one is eight years old. In the last three months live changed the media and renewed the seals and other parts but now I am getting water tricking from the top back of the filter head. The seals have been renewed but this is coming from the canister head When the canister is at 45 degree angle on start up. Any ideas? I don’t want to pay out £400 for a new system.

When you open and close the filter do you use silicone spray on the main seal? It is recommended by eheim to do this every time it is opened. Happened to a friend at that ended up fixing it. It could be that or if the water kinda comes out of where the power cord goes in it is most likely something going on in the motor head internally. I would say call eheim but i have a feeling that they unfortunately wont want to help you out

I have a feeling that the problem is internal in the head. I renewed the main seals three months ago and they look perfect. I shall use silicone spray on the main seal but I am talking about a steady trickle of water from from the top corners. Thanks for responding.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back