New Aquascape - "patience"

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

DevUK

UKAPS member
Reaction score
Spent the last 3 weekend setting this up :) It's taken a lot of fiddling and a lot of seperating plants into individual stems, but I got there in the end! I need to get my CO2 setup now, but everything else is in place.

I'll be doing 50% water changes 3 times a week for the next few weeks to stay on top of algae, and my lighting will be at half power and only on for 6 hours a day, but I'll slowly increase that, starting in 2 weeks time as well.

Check out the journal for the full story!

Anyhow, a picture!

08_final_front.jpg

Next, I need to decide on some fish! But I have a good 3 weeks or so before I need to be worrying too much. I'll be seeding my filters from existing etc when the time comes...

That looks really nice!

Where did you get the rock from?

It's called "Seiryu Stone" which I got from The Green Machine and Aqua Essentials. It can be quite expensive, but if you shop around it's not too bad. I've noticed some LFS's carry it now too :)

It's usually £2 - £3 a kilo or more!

I tend to buy some if I see some nice pieces. You never know when you're going to want some!

Beutiful. What are the grass looking plants called?

Looks fantastic!
I know you've not decided fish yet but any ideas on what you might put in there?

Oh yeeeees, thumbs up for this one, definately... :good:

Please keep us posted with pics as things grow?

Andy

Beutiful. What are the grass looking plants called?

The ones right across the the back are Eleocharis Acicularis, in the right corner is a plant called Blyxa Japonica :)

Looks fantastic!
I know you've not decided fish yet but any ideas on what you might put in there?

Thanks Angie! I have a list of random fish I've been looking at, but I've not researched them yet:

Rasbora dorsiocellata
Hemigrammus vorderwinkleri (Platinum Tetra)
Hyphessobrycon haraldschultzi (Schultz's Signal Tetra)
Nannostomus beckfordi (Golden Pencilfish)
Nematobrycon palmeri (Emperor Tetra)

That being said, I've been looking at Ember Tetra's today... Very tempting :)

Glad to see you on here Steve and with another stunning tank!
Great choice in fish and i have a soft spot for Ember Tetras.
If you need help with finding fish, give me a shout! ;)

Nice one Dev, looks great!

Keep those updates coming. :good:

Thanks guys :)

Glad to see you on here Steve and with another stunning tank!
Great choice in fish and i have a soft spot for Ember Tetras.
If you need help with finding fish, give me a shout! ;)

Thanks Angie, you're too kind. I've been through a spate of not having being into the hobby over Christmas, but it's back with avengence now :lol: I will definately be in touch about fish at some point! I've lost my LFS shopping buddy though :( Gill's wife has really clamped down apparently :crazy:

I'm sure I'll be able to persuade him to come visit you though :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back