New Aquarium - Info Needed :)

Leedsboi86

Fish Addict
Joined
Aug 7, 2006
Messages
868
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Leeds - United Kingdom
Hey everyone.

Just been to pick up my new tank! YAY!
It's a 60 Liter one but a lil confusing.

Theres a switch for the light which is a dual blue and white light combo but also a 2nd switch that turns a fan on(shown in pic under the light)
why does the tank have a fan?

Thoughts on the tank?




Thanks!
 
Look like a little nano for a saltwater setup... which you would want to have a fan for. Are you going to use it for freshwater? If so, you need to definately change out the bulb for something more appropriate.
 
I have those bulbs in my tank, they're fine for frshwater. Very good for plants, also the fan is for cooling the lights as they do get very hot.
 
Thanks :)
Not sure what I'm gonna do with it yet.
I'm hoping my Table can hold the weight >.<

My boyfriends gonna have a look tomorrow and see if he can inforce the table abit.
 
Thanks :)
Not sure what I'm gonna do with it yet.
I'm hoping my Table can hold the weight >.<

My boyfriends gonna have a look tomorrow and see if he can inforce the table abit.
If it's 71 litres, it will weigh about 71kg + the weight of the empty tank, or more, depending on the weight of the substrate.
I highly advise not putting it on a normal table...
 
I have a 65l tank on my table which also has an xbox on it and a safe. Could you post a pic of your table just to see how it is built.
 
What type of table is it at the moment?

I purchased a good quality sideboard for my 3 foot tank last year. The tank weighs about 140kg full, and i weigh about 100kg so i jumped up and down on the table a few times to see if it took the weight :- Lol.

I wouldnt advice this though, just me telling a pointless story, haha.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top