New Apple Snails

~T~

Fish Gatherer
Reaction score
Just got the first of my breeding stock.I picked up 2 golds from lfs and got a chocolate, a jade, a pink and 3 DSP's from my girlfriend.I'm gonna order some ivory's and blues.Also I have 6 spixis on order.

Just got the first of my breeding stock.I picked up 2 golds from lfs and got a chocolate, a jade, a pink and 3 DSP's from my girlfriend.I'm gonna order some ivory's and blues.Also I have 6 spixis on order.

very nice

i dont think i have seen a chocolate one tho can you take a pic?

i have just got 5 white red stripe these are the rarest of all the colours :drool:

got some light stripe purple on the way, these are the rarest of the purples .

sharon :good:

How far are you off breeding them? I'd be interested in some blues down the line!

p.s. what are DSPs?

I'll try and get a pic of the adult chocolate as the smaller ones not really that colurful.The mama(Apu)is huge though, shes kinda like a DSP but where the purple is its kinda brownish.

Shaz I saw that there are those light striped purple ones on ebay, are you sure they are not just pinks?

I'll try and get a pic of the adult chocolate as the smaller ones not really that colurful.The mama(Apu)is huge though, shes kinda like a DSP but where the purple is its kinda brownish.

Shaz I saw that there are those light striped purple ones on ebay, are you sure they are not just pinks?

not sure till they get here, but i got my reds from the same person so im thinking they will be the light stripe purples

fingers crossed anyway :unsure:

sharon

heres a link to some colours

http://www.applesnails.info/bridgesii_colors.htm

Oooh heres what a LSP looks like, I need to get some of these.

purple_sizeofquarter.jpg

Does anyone keep brigs and spixis toogether?

thats a very good price for them, i sold 5 babys for that on ebay lately. :hyper:

i keep spixi and brigs together with no problems at all, spixis like to bury in the substrate so cute

sharon

thats a very good price for them, i sold 5 babys for that on ebay lately. :hyper:

i keep spixi and brigs together with no problems at all, spixis like to bury in the substrate so cute

sharon

Ahh so that was you, I was gonna buy from you as well but this guy kinda owed me a favour.I had just read that brigs and spixis ate each others babies.How active are the spixis?

One other thing do you think a gold nugget pl*co would eat baby snails?

sharon

Ahh so that was you, I was gonna buy from you as well but this guy kinda owed me a favour.I had just read that brigs and spixis ate each others babies.How active are the spixis?

One other thing do you think a gold nugget pl*co would eat baby snails?

spixis arnt as active as the brigs, they spend alot of the time digging in the substrate, dont get me wrong you do see them out and about too.

as for eating each others babys i see no evidence of this at all , i have spixi and brigs in my main tank and also breeding tank.
the shrimp tank has spixi and ramshorms also with no problems.

im not sure about plecs eating snails i have a pair of bristlenoses in my main tank with my breeding spixis they dont eat the eggs and i have plenty of young in there, i have never seen them eat snails but they do like to clean there shells once in a while

sharon

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back