Video New Angelfish Parents!...

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

lol i love the way the lighter coloured one came over to be video-ed! how vain angels are!!!!!!!! btw the lighter one has split ends!! i've never seen an angel with split 'dangly bits'(don't know technical term for them). is that common do you know?

lol i love the way the lighter coloured one came over to be video-ed! how vain angels are!!!!!!!! btw the lighter one has split ends!! i've never seen an angel with split 'dangly bits'(don't know technical term for them). is that common do you know?

I think it's because she was a victim of bullying a while back (from the two in avatar Pic-one is now her partner) and then started to get finrot> she had ragged fins when my friend gave her to me as a youngster, and what you see today is quite a turnaround!

>I just texted the previous owner to say the Angel not only has re-grown fins, but is the mother to 100 eggs. :good:

They are fanning them and try to chase any human away when going near.!

looks good.....
is this there first spawning?
got to say try not to pere into the tank to much and do not interfer thats what i did when they first laid but they do not like interference and usually eat there batch so leave them to it and try not to keep peaking ,,, watch from afar :good:

I'm hoping they will be regular spawners.
i dont know about you, but when my pair spawned non stop (i mean >10 times in a row), i wished they'd stop :lol:

good luck with the fry! :good:

Thanks....I have returned from holiday and predictably, the eggs are no longer visible. It will probably take another couple of spawns before they realise not to eat them.

I have decided not to remove/separate the eggs as the parents will become accustomed to rearing (Hopefully)

(If I do decide to separate them, I have a ready-made divider> I assume the Female is best to leave with eggs for a few days?)

lol i love the way the lighter coloured one came over to be video-ed! how vain angels are!!!!!!!!

It was more a case of defending the eggs from a Giant (to them) approaching their territory. :good:

looks good.....
is this there first spawning?
got to say try not to pere into the tank to much and do not interfer thats what i did when they first laid but they do not like interference and usually eat there batch so leave them to it and try not to keep peaking ,,, watch from afar :good:

Yes its first attempt>>>>I went to a diifferent country for two weeks a day after they spawned...so only interference was from neighbour when feeding every few days. :rolleyes:

They have ate them anyway :sick: (Awaiting next batch shortly...)

Well, the next batch of 200 eggs have been spawned on Friday (11th July) A Three-week gap since first one.!

> This time they have decided on the side of the Internal filter as the site...(even though I have provided; slate, a smooth pipe, broad-leafed plants and an Up-turned Flower Pot!)

I guess they see the Filter as being a sturdier option than the leaf , which they chose last time.

>Have added 'Liquifry for egg-layers' and put in an extra air-stone...nothing else in with them so hoping they become good parents.
Keeping lights off as much as possible and trying not to go near the tank. When I went to feed them this morning, the mother jumped up and nipped my finger!!

(BBrine-Shrimp and powdered food ready to add.)

So, have they hatched ? Because if they didnt hatch then dont feed them until they are free swimming.

I have added Liquifry, which you do within a day after eggs are layed in order to stimulate 'infusoria' growth.

They will hopefully hatch in next day or two. >Then I'll add other food.

(This morning they are all still present, without fungus on any> I've added some Meth.Blue to try to help)

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back