New Additions

tenohfive

Always room for one more tank...
Joined
May 3, 2008
Messages
2,229
Reaction score
1
Points
38
Location
Beds, UK
Couldn't resist popping into my LFS on the way home...I've stopped myself for the last two weeks and I gave in today.

Between my community tank, a tang community and a small tank in the loft I had to pick 2 of these:

Lamprologus ocellatus (shell dweller)
Sewellia Lineolata (hillstream loach)
Stunning dwarf gourami pair, one of the best pairs I've seen

After about 30 minutes in the LFS pulling my hair out trying to decide what to get, I went with the caudopunctatus and ocellatus and I'm toying with the idea of going back to get the gourami pair. The sewllia lineolata I've fallen head over heels for, but I want to wait until I've got a better setup for - stream bed type tank with a fast flow and smooth pebbles etc. Didn't want to do a half arsed job of it.

Am well happy, will post some pictures later :)
 
a shell dweller? are you talkin fw or marine? sounds interesting deffo get some pics up
 
oooooooh cichlids !! good stuff. i know what you mean i went into lfs the other day for dechlorinator and was in there almost an hour!
 
Going to wait till tomorrow before I take any pic's, let them settle in abit first.

And me shellies gorgeous, great little fish. The caudo isn't taking any s**t from my brichardi which makes a change - he normally has a pop at anything smaller than twice his own size.
 
gotta say that ram in your avatar is 1 of the best i have seen . stunning colour
 
Thanks. My favourite fish in the community tank are my rams, I bought them as juveniles and turned out they're both males (no issues though.) Always nice to see them come up and see you at the glass.

One more addition (probably the dwarf gourami's I've been umming and arring about for awhile) and the community tank will finally be setup the way I want it - 6 months after I first set it up.
 
Looking forward to pics!!!
Nelly, I have to say that your avatar totally freaks me out... :S
 
The caudo jumped during the night, just found him on the carpet. Silly bugger.
 
No, I've never had the need before - I keep the level a few inches below the lip of the tank and I've not come across many tang species that are that jumpy.

Might start looking for a glass lid now though.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top