New Addition To My Home

JOSH75

New Member
Joined
May 28, 2008
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Hello all. I am new to this forum. My name is Josh and I have a 75 gal tank. I am still kinda new at this. I have been at it for about a year. I am trying to figure out what fish to add to my family. This is what I have now.

1 - blue gourami
1 - orange gourami
3 - angel fish
1 - dinosaur bicher
1 - clown knife
1 - peacock eel
2 - silver tip sharks
1 - pleco

All my fish are large so I can't get something small because it will get eaten. I don't want something too big either. I just got rid of some red belly pacus. I was thinking of putting 3 clown loachs but I read somewhere they need to be in groups of 5 minimum. That would be to many fish for my tank I think. Thanks for the help.

Josh
 
Hello and welcome to the forum. :hi:

With the fish you currently have and their adult size, I'm not sure you really need to add anything else. I certainly don't know a lot about some of them but I do know that they get large. The silver tip, for istance, can get to 2' and needs a tank larger than 75 gallon. And most of your fish are pretty large waste producers too.
 
Hello and welcome to the forum. :hi:

With the fish you currently have and their adult size, I'm not sure you really need to add anything else. I certainly don't know a lot about some of them but I do know that they get large. The silver tip, for istance, can get to 2' and needs a tank larger than 75 gallon. And most of your fish are pretty large waste producers too.

I read for the silver tip (columbian or black fin shark) it only grows to 12 inches. Now i'm woried. I don't want another fish that large besideds my Clown knife. I may have the name wrong by saying silver tip shark. Thats what the pet store called it. sorry, like I said im still learning lol.
 
Hello and welcome to the forum. :hi:

With the fish you currently have and their adult size, I'm not sure you really need to add anything else. I certainly don't know a lot about some of them but I do know that they get large. The silver tip, for istance, can get to 2' and needs a tank larger than 75 gallon. And most of your fish are pretty large waste producers too.

I read for the silver tip (columbian or black fin shark) it only grows to 12 inches. Now i'm woried. I don't want another fish that large besideds my Clown knife. I may have the name wrong by saying silver tip shark. Thats what the pet store called it. sorry, like I said im still learning lol.

sorry about the confusion, they are the ones with the wiskers. I believe they are colombian sharks. They are about 8 inches and I have had them for a while now.

1 - blue gourami 5 inches
1 - orange gourami 5 inches
3 - angel fish 4-5 inches
1 - dinosaur bicher 9 inches
1 - clown knife 12-13 inches
1 - peacock eel 8 inches (always hides in the substrate)
2 - columbian shark 8 inches
1 - pleco 8-9 inches
 
Actually, both of them are actually catfish (and not sharks) and thus have whiskers. Hopefully, the photos and coloration will help you ID it.
 
Ya they are columbian sharks. Thanks for the help. Basically I should not add anymore fish to the tank is what your saying though right?
 
Thanks for the clarification.

Josh, I'm no really sure whether you have room to add more fish or not. The fish you have are all large waste producers. Your filtration and maintenance routine would have to be considered. And hopefully, based on the link that OohFeeshy provided, it looks like 12 to 14 inches is their full size for the sharks.
 
Ok then I will live with what I got thanks for your time and help. That link OohFeeshy posted said they are not good for pets but they sell them all over the place. I don't know why places do that. I bought some red belly pacu and they eat and outgrow everything. I had to get rid of those fast.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top