New 35 Gallon Freshwater Tank Journal

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

lym

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Thought I'd start a photo journal so you guys can see how my new 35 Gallon tank progresses. I bought the tank second hand off eBay for £50 ($100), it's 3ft in length. I plan to put 2 Angelfish in there, haven't decided on what else yet! I'm currently waiting for filter, lighting, heater and a few other bits to arrive, those should be delivered tomorrow. So far I've just added the sand and put water in.

Week 1

DSCF0568-1.jpg

Bog wood and rocks that will be going in the tank.
DSCF0569-1.jpg

Filter, lighting, heater, background added to tank.
DSCF0572.jpg

Bog wood and rocks are now in.

DSCF0574.jpg

DSCF0575.jpg

Used filter media has been added, so bought two German Rams and some plants.
DSCF0577.jpg

DSCF0581.jpg

DSCF0588.jpg

Week 2

Water has gone a little tea coloured from the wood but that should clear over time. New plants have been added and the rams now have a couple of new friends, 2 Angelfish :) Here's the latest pictures...

DSCF0633.jpg

DSCF0634.jpg

DSCF0618.jpg

DSCF0625.jpg

DSCF0610.jpg

DSCF0614.jpg

New picture just taken after weekly water change.
DSCF0652.jpg

Week 3

Fish video: <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpM2stRxjpk" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpM2stRxjpk</a>

DSCF0662.jpg

Week 4

6 new Rummynose Tetra's.
DSCF0706.jpg

DSCF0702.jpg

DSCF0703.jpg

DSCF0707.jpg

Week 5

8 Panda Cories added.

DSCF0737.jpg

DSCF0740.jpg

DSCF0710.jpg

DSCF0714.jpg

DSCF0719.jpg

Week 6

DSCF0745.jpg

More pictures will be added as I add to the tank. :)

Spent this afternoon putting in the lights, filter, background and heater. The lights were a pain! The end wouldn't stay on the tubes properly at first. Going out to get plants tomorrow. Here's how it currently looks...

DSCF0572.jpg

looking good so far :good:
will enjoy watching the progress on your tank and any idea's yet about what fish you will decide on stocking with your angels?

looking good so far :good:
will enjoy watching the progress on your tank and any idea's yet about what fish you will decide on stocking with your angels?

Thanks! Maybe some sort of tetra's and a couple of small plecos.

Bog wood and rocks are now in.

DSCF0574.jpg

DSCF0575.jpg

I love watching these tank journals and seeing the whole thing come together! Looking good at the moment and can't wait for more pics!

Just spotted you come from Warrington! Lived there myself for 18 years in Great Sankey, just moved back to my home town of Runcorn.

Put some used filter media from my other tank into my new tank this morning, went out planning to get some large tetra's but I ended up coming back with two German Rams as I've never seen them in the LFS before. Also got a few plants, they didn't have many left so I just got a few that I liked, getting some more next week.

DSCF0577.jpg

DSCF0581.jpg

DSCF0588.jpg

Great start, with a fairly big tank like that you are better bulk buying a multipack of plants from someone like Greenline aquatics. Very good value for money.

:good:

Great start, with a fairly big tank like that you are better bulk buying a multipack of plants from someone like Greenline aquatics. Very good value for money.

:good:

Thanks! :) Yeah I was thinking of doing that, either from there or from someone on eBay.

Here's this weeks update...

Water has gone a little tea coloured from the wood but that should clear over time. New plants have been added and the rams now have a couple of new friends, 2 Angelfish :) Here's the latest pictures...

DSCF0633.jpg

DSCF0634.jpg

DSCF0618.jpg

DSCF0625.jpg

DSCF0610.jpg

DSCF0614.jpg

Your tank looks great. I use to keep rams and Angels. I found the angels were attacked by the rams alot, but then i had a smaller tank! :unsure:

Your tank looks great. I use to keep rams and Angels. I found the angels were attacked by the rams alot, but then i had a smaller tank! :unsure:

Thanks! :) Yeah it was probably cause you had a smaller tank, I was recommended these from various people online.

Thanks! :)

Here's a new picture I've just taken after my weekly water change. Looks a bit better now.

DSCF0652.jpg

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back