Nerite Snails

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

vanalisa

Fish Aficionado
Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
Has anyone ever tried to breed Nerite Snails? I have the yellow and black kind with horns. I understand they lay eggs but don't hatch? Just wondering...

Has anyone ever tried to breed Nerite Snails? I have the yellow and black kind with horns. I understand they lay eggs but don't hatch? Just wondering...
Nerite snails can thrive in both freshwater, and saltwater but will only reproduce in saltwater.

I'm not sure if they need full salinity. Amano shrimp which also need salt water for the larval stage need a very particular salinity. If you want to try to breed nerites you would need to do some research to find out what salinity, how to feed the snail larvae and how quickly to reduce the salinity back to fresh water once they've metamorphosed into the proper snails.

I'm not sure if they need full salinity. Amano shrimp which also need salt water for the larval stage need a very particular salinity. If you want to try to breed nerites you would need to do some research to find out what salinity, how to feed the snail larvae and how quickly to reduce the salinity back to fresh water once they've metamorphosed into the proper snails.
Sounds intense!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back