Neons dropped dead in 10mins flat

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

bigfish

Fish Herder
Reaction score
hi

I went to the pet shop to buy some fish i decided on Neon tetras mainly coz of their pretty colour under the aquarium light. They were buy 4 and get 1 free so i bought some, along with 2 Julii Catfish (out of two different tanks)

However the women put the neons in the catfishies water and i paid and left the store, on getting them home my 5 neons were stone DEAD!!!! but catfish were fine, i didn't bump the bag and anything unusal and they were swimming fine in the bag in the shop.

So i took all 5 of them back and she replaced them, so far they have survived the journey home.

What i want to know is why did my first lot of 5 die even before they got home?

SPOOKY SPOOKY

What is Julii Catfish? Corydoras julii? If so, it wasn't your fault, it was petstore fault. They should know that cories are packed into another bag because they excrete toxic substance. I don't know what it is - but never, NEVER cories and other fishes (including another corydoras sp.) in the same bag.

:S is the toxin realesd when they feel threatened????, bit like a snake bit someone when there afraid ??? of bee stinging you...... is that why its doe sit?? will they do it if another fish picks on them?? :blink:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

No members online now.
Back