Neon Tetra struggling to swim down

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

GreenGuy

Reaction score
One of my neons has changed colour to be more black and has since been mostly facing down whist struggling to swim

attached is picture and video of it

what could this be, and how do I cure/fix it

One of my neons has changed colour to be more black and has since been mostly facing down whist struggling to swim

attached is picture and video of it

what could this be, and how do I cure/fix it
Just realised i forgot the attachments

in the zip is the video

Attachments

• IMG_3710.jpg
    IMG_3710.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 40
  • Sick Neon Tetra.zip
    3.8 MB · Views: 87
video of the fish swimming and floating?
clear pictures of the fish?

If the fish floats up to the surface when it stops swimming, then it either has air in its intestine or a swim bladder problem.

There is no cure for swim bladder problems.

If it is air in the intestine, the fish should fart it our after about 24 hours and be able to swim normally after that.

Stop feeding dry food for a week and use live or frozen foods instead. See if that helps.

It looks like a swim bladder disease. What temperature is your water and what do you usually feed the fish?
temperature is around 25c and a mix of tropical flakes and pellets, plus frozen bloodworms once or twice a week

video of the fish swimming and floating?
clear pictures of the fish?

If the fish floats up to the surface when it stops swimming, then it either has air in its intestine or a swim bladder problem.

There is no cure for swim bladder problems.

If it is air in the intestine, the fish should fart it our after about 24 hours and be able to swim normally after that.

Stop feeding dry food for a week and use live or frozen foods instead. See if that helps.
it’s been doing it for more then 24hours so i imagine it is a swim bladder problem

what’s the best thing to do?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back