Neon Tetra Disease!!!😭😭😭

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

I agree, that's not neon tetra disease. It's something recently seen which is becoming more common, the best anyone has been able to come up with is that it's a viral infection which affects neon tetras. I don't know if the white lumps have ever been examined by a virologist to confirm this.

Neon tetra disease symptoms include the colours becoming washed out, cysts appearing within the body tissue, and eventually a curved spine. The fish's behaviour is also said to change.

So I have had many neon tetras with neon tetra disease. For some reason a bacterial fin rot treatment has helped. Usually there is no help once this happens however with this treatment the ones that I did treat where fine. Same tank, same batch of fish, same gender (The females died out of fin rot). Ever since they have had the symptoms for 6-7 weeks but are still behaving usually. I don't know if it was that fungal treatment but it killed the root of the cause.

1632041029639.png

I agree, that's not neon tetra disease. It's something recently seen which is becoming more common, the best anyone has been able to come up with is that it's a viral infection which affects neon tetras. I don't know if the white lumps have ever been examined by a virologist to confirm this.

Neon tetra disease symptoms include the colours becoming washed out, cysts appearing within the body tissue, and eventually a curved spine. The fish's behaviour is also said to change.
Agree for the fullest. Probably an (Irido)viral issue. It is quite species specific, not that lethal, not that contagious, etc...

"Funniest" thing is that NTD only ever comes up in case of neons. NTD only is called that way cause it is diagnosed for the first time on a neon. But there is hardly ever someone asking if it is NTD in case of other fish.

A lot of neons have False NTD though, a species specific strain of Columnaris bacteria, pretty hard to treat but possible.

The lumbs : Probably untreatable
NTD : untreatable, very rare, lethal to all fish, highly contagious.
False NTD : treatable, species specific, quite common in Neons..

For the lumbs and false NTD : Clean water, low stresslevels, wnough space, etc ... will do good.

Ok, i know what to do, and i know what it is. It is fish fungus. Fish fungus is a contagious deadly disease all fish can get. I would quarantine all fish in the tank WITH fish fungus so it does not spread. Next put medication's in the tank you quarantine the sick fish in. After that they should get better.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back