Nematodes?

ECCO_

Fish Crazy
Joined
Oct 11, 2006
Messages
344
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Davy Jones' Locker
Hello everyone....

I am currently setting my 55gallon aquarium back up. My Only concern is nematodes. I have had them many times in the past, more than I can count and would like to avoid the bloody things.

The kind I get arent parasites but the scavenging kind that you find in the gravel and floating freely.

My tank is empty now....no gravel, water, decor, nothing.

I wanted to know If I could re-use my gravel and or my filter, heater, and decor?
Also, I was wondering if a parasite treatment would kill them if they did return to my tank?
I see tablets that you put in the water and Ive allways wondered.

PLEASE AND THANKS-!!!!!!

p_781356_FS17453D.jpg
 
If you are talking about the wormy things that sometimes develop in people's tanks, those are most likely detritus worms and can be kept at bay by regular thorough gravel cleanings.

They are harmless, but a sign of a dirty tank.
 
Yep,,, thats them.....
But I was wondering if I was re-setting my tank up... would they still be in the gravel if I re-use it?

And can they be treated when in out of control numbers?

Thanks-
 

Most reactions

Back
Top