Need Ideas For My Tinfoil Barb Tank

balashark

New Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2008
Messages
29
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Hello,

I have recently moved my three large tinfoil barbs from my 55 gallon planted tank to a newly setup 33 gallon. It only has black gravel on the bottum and a aquaclear 30 powerhead and a filter. Considering I already have my heavily planted tank w/ Bala sharks, I'd like to have a tank that has no plants but rocks and bare logs instead. I've seen tanks like this before and think it would be a nice contrast to my other tank. Also, i want to add another type of fish to the tank. I clean the water twice a week so the extra fish won't be an issue. Any ideas of what to do?

If anyone has pics of tanks they think would work please add them too.

thanks
 
I think that tank would be to small for the tin foil barbs. Also is your 55 gallon a Bala Tank? because if so thats to small as well. Both Bala and Tinfoils need to be kept in a groups and grow well over 12in, because of this at adult size 100+ gallons would be the min. If they all are young that one thing but from what your saying there all fully grown. I would recommend looking into a larger tank. Also when you say freshly setup do you mean put it together and not cycled? because if thats so your fish will likely shorten in life spand if not die if constant water changes are not done.
 
By newly setup I mean its cycled and ready to go but a new tank I bought a while ago. They are not adult yet. My bala is about 6 inches and has a 2 smaller friends 3.5 inches and 3 inches in the 55. The tinfoil barbs are about 5 inches each. I'm just holding them in these tanks while we still live in our apartment. Once we finish our degrees and move into a house I'm going to get a huge tank 125+ and house them all together again. But until then i need to make them as comfy as possible. Ideas?
 

Most reactions

Back
Top