Need Ideas - 46g Bowfront

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

enchanted

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Well, the tank is setup. I have 4 sword plants in it at the moment along with 2 pieces of driftwood, 2 Sunset Fire Gouramis and 3 Bronze Cory's.

Now, I know I need to wait for the tank to cycle before doing anything else, but I'm sitting here at a loss.

I'm looking for recommendations on Plants, aquascapes, and fish to get my mind moving.

If your looking for inspiration on aquascapes using plants then look at theADA aquascaping contest

Some good plant choices for low-tech setups are Java fern, Java moss, Ludwigia repens, Vallisneria, and there are others.

As you have got driftwood, sword plants and corys id be tempted to make a south american biotype. Depending on the size of the tank-you could have some Angelfish, some Tetras like the cardinal, black phantom. I'd be tempted to add a Bristle nose catfish.
Id also add 3 more corys as they like to be in groups.
To have a tank like this it would need to be a reasonable size, like 40 gallon.
Edit: just read its 46 gallon so this could work.

Thought I had stated, but it's a 46 Gallon BowFront.

I intend on adding more corys, after I've had the tank set up a bit.

And it isn't to low tech. I'm running 1x96W Compact Flourescent for 2W per gallon at the moment.

Have you got any plant substrate in there? this will help alot with the plants- you could go for the full high tech plant thing, co2, E.I and it would look amazing-otherwise just put loads of the fast growing stem plants in there to stop algae. These will also help to make the water less toxic while the tank is cycling.

It's 50% Flourite and 50% tahitian Moon Sand.

This isn't my first tank or planted tank. I'm just at a loss for what to do with this one.

It's 50% Flourite and 50% tahitian Moon Sand.

This isn't my first tank or planted tank. I'm just at a loss for what to do with this one.

OK cool. how about a nice lawn of HC or riccia in the front with some ludwigia sp 'cuba' and Eustaralis stellata for the background.
Fish are hard to choose because there are so many beauties. keeping on the SA theme mabie Hatchetfish, Apistogramma. Anyway there are some ideas for you dude.

Most reactions

trending

Back