Need Help...

Alimak

New Member
Joined
May 8, 2009
Messages
49
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Surrey, United Kingdom
Hey,

I do a water change every weekend of about 20-30%. I noticed last time when I was doing it there was what looks like a form of black fluffy algae.

I took out the items that had it on there and cleaned them in the water that I had taken out of the tank and everything seemed fine again.

I looked in my tank again this morning only to see that it has come back and that its on the filter aswell now.

It doesn't look like the fish are affected by it but obviously I want to get rid once and for all. Does anyone have any suggestions???

I have a 60L tetra aqua art tank with 4 guppies, 1 jumbo neon, 3 tetras, 1 siamese fighting fish, 1 dwaurf gouami and 1 algae eater. All water stats haven't changed or peaked in anyway

Many Thanks
Alimak
 
I have a 60L tetra aqua art tank with 4 guppies, 1 jumbo neon, 3 tetras, 1 siamese fighting fish, 1 dwaurf gouami and 1 algae eater. All water stats haven't changed or peaked in anyway

Many Thanks
Alimak


My brother cycled his tank, and in between he went on holiday. When he came back, he found the full tank was covered in black spotty algae. When the tank was sorted, he bought 2 bristle noses, and in much less than a week they had demolished all of the algae..obviously this is only a good idea, tank members permitting..

Have you had the lights on more than 12 - 14 hrs a day? Or is it in direct sunlight?
 
The lights are on for just under 12 hours a day. Im not sure where the sunlight is in relation to where my tank is during the day as we used to have trees covering out most of the sunlight but they have gone now. I could look at moving them to somewhere else in the room and see if that makes a difference just want to get rid of it.

Any other suggestions are welcome

Many Thanks
Alimak
 
Thank you for that link I will look at moving the tank looking at the pictures it is black brush algae but not at the point where it is as bad as in those pictures.

Again many thanks
Alimak
 

Most reactions

Back
Top