fatheadminnow
Fish Aficionado
I am going from a 10 gallon to a 29 gallon very soon, and will be getting a 55 gallon this summer.
I am just kind of curious how people have their tanks setup, and what would be a good "landscape" for a 20 gallon aquarium.
I want to have a darker substrate, like a lot of black, and then have a couple lighter colors mixed in. Also i want to put up a black background; that way it will match the black substrate and make the plants and fish stick out more.
I am going to have 3 Cichlids in there, Labidochromis Caeruleus. I know that this tank is still too small for them, but they are still very small and the 20 is better then the 10 for sure. Soon to put them in the 55!
What kind of plants will work for for this tank, and so the Cichlids wont tear them up? Looking at some pictures I found that some aquariums have this "grass" looking stuff that is not any longer than 4-5 inches I would say. What is the name of this, and would it work/be a good idea in my new tank?
Also, What kind of lighting would I need for plants, as I do not have any live plants right now.
Could I also put other fish in the 29 gallon as well, or should I just wait until I get the 55 gallon?
Here is that grass looking stuff I was talking about. [topic="100"]<a href="http
/www.advancedaquarist.com/2008/5/aqu...album/full1.jpg" target="_blank">http
/www.advancedaquarist.com/2008/5/aqu...album/full1.jpg[/topic]</a>
Thanks!
-FHM
I am just kind of curious how people have their tanks setup, and what would be a good "landscape" for a 20 gallon aquarium.
I want to have a darker substrate, like a lot of black, and then have a couple lighter colors mixed in. Also i want to put up a black background; that way it will match the black substrate and make the plants and fish stick out more.
I am going to have 3 Cichlids in there, Labidochromis Caeruleus. I know that this tank is still too small for them, but they are still very small and the 20 is better then the 10 for sure. Soon to put them in the 55!
What kind of plants will work for for this tank, and so the Cichlids wont tear them up? Looking at some pictures I found that some aquariums have this "grass" looking stuff that is not any longer than 4-5 inches I would say. What is the name of this, and would it work/be a good idea in my new tank?
Also, What kind of lighting would I need for plants, as I do not have any live plants right now.
Could I also put other fish in the 29 gallon as well, or should I just wait until I get the 55 gallon?
Here is that grass looking stuff I was talking about. [topic="100"]<a href="http
/www.advancedaquarist.com/2008/5/aqu...album/full1.jpg" target="_blank">http
/www.advancedaquarist.com/2008/5/aqu...album/full1.jpg[/topic]</a>Thanks!
-FHM







