NEED HELP IDENTIFYING THIS

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

If it's calcium deposits or damaged fin rays then it is there forever. It's like scar tissue and won't go away.
And can it also be on the caudal fin? Bc it looks like the severum has it there too?

And can it also be on the caudal fin? Bc it looks like the severum has it there too?
It really makes me paranoia bc i’ve seen in my other ta ks that fish have tiny white scars on there fins and i never know for sure if its scars or ich

It can be on any fin that has been damaged, or any fin if the fish is from soft water but kept in hard water.

It's not white spot.
White spot causes fish to rub on things and you get white dots all over the fins and body, not just where the fin rays are.
The fish have trouble breathing when they have white spot.
The number of white dots increases a lot every 3-5 days during the infection and if not treated straight away, everything dies.
White spot has to be introduced into an aquarium and if you haven't added any new fish, plants, shrimp or snails in the 4 weeks before this started, then it's not white spot.
White spot looks like grains of salt.

It can be on any fin that has been damaged, or any fin if the fish is from soft water but kept in hard water.

It's not white spot.
White spot causes fish to rub on things and you get white dots all over the fins and body, not just where the fin rays are.
The fish have trouble breathing when they have white spot.
The number of white dots increases a lot every 3-5 days during the infection and if not treated straight away, everything dies.
White spot has to be introduced into an aquarium and if you haven't added any new fish, plants, shrimp or snails in the 4 weeks before this started, then it's not white spot.
White spot looks like grains of salt.
Okay perfect you gave me peace with that answer now i just gotta keep the fish in separate tanks and do my weekly waterchanges

Most reactions

Back