Need Help identifying a tropical fish

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

alia i think we must have lost the guy allong time ago i dont think he made any posts ina a while he prolly thaught it was a chat room or something and left. soo ... read any good books lately? ive just been reading life the universe and everything by douglas adams nice book.

perfectfish2 said:
ok, you guys be serious. I think what you're describing is a zebra danio. If it swims near the top, kinda skinny and sometimes chases other fish, its a zebra danio.
i was thinking the same thing.

small fish yellow color with black stripes along length of body

I would like to clarify a few things here....................

Where does it say "it swims near the surface" What are you basing your decision on that it is 100% a danio??

Unless you have inside information that we don't, you cannot say for certainty that it is a danio...anymore than we can say with 100% certainty that it is something else!!!

As far as being serious.....I, for one am being totally serious in my "guess" that it is a M. chipokee based on the little to no information given.

CM

Jamnog, I believe you are correct -- it has become irrelevant what this fish is because the poster is long gone. It's become a fish game gone very wrong. :X

I've never read any of Doug Adams' books, but I know they are very well received. The book I have recently finished reading is When We Were Gods: A Novel of Cleopatra by Colin Falconer. I really enjoy historical fiction. Now I am reading 'Painless Fractions' with my son. :S

Sorry, everyone, the exercise in futility is now over. :p

Alia said:
Jamnog, I believe you are correct -- it has become irrelevant what this fish is because the poster is long gone. It's become a fish game gone very wrong. :X

I've never read any of Doug Adams' books, but I know they are very well received. The book I have recently finished reading is When We Were Gods: A Novel of Cleopatra by Colin Falconer. I really enjoy historical fiction. Now I am reading 'Painless Fractions' with my son. :S

Sorry, everyone, the exercise in futility is now over. :p
there was an egiptian fiction book warlock out not so long ago cant remeber the author will have a look when i get home but i quite enjoyed that at the time. lots of referances to the way people lived back then.
sounds like you read some good books too

Duke is this what your fish looks like
ZEBRAS~1-iC.jpg
if not look here to match a pic of it http://www.petfish.net/index.htm

That is what the descripton sounds like what they're describing as a zebra danio.

Sorry guys, Duke took a powder. We'll never know what his fish was.

Jamnog, was it an Anne Rice book? I was addicted to her books for a while, until I'd read everything she'd ever written (even stuff she wrote under a different name). Now she's written a few I haven't read yet, so Warlock might be one. She writes about the undead and she lives in the creepy/mysterious part of New Orleans, so some of her stuff is set there, but I know she's written about Ramses, too, and wasn't he Egyptian?

I also liked the Earth's Children series (Jean M Aeul-- Clan of the Cave Bear et al) and some books that follow a Jewish family through their centuries of persecution, the Rachel books. Then again, I also like John Irving, Toni Morrison, Erma Bombeck, Dr. Seuss, and a fellow called William Shakespeare. :lol: Oh, and Calvin and Hobbes. My son turned me on to that.

Don't get me started on books. My family knows to keep me away from libraries and book stores, lol. My son inherited the reader gene. He's read every book in the Redwall series (15?) about four to six times. :hyper:

i looked this morning and it was wilbur smith - the warlock i think i might have heard of annie rice but then im not very goo dwith names of authors.
the book about the jewish family have you heard of a book called sophie's choice by william styron i think it was called that it is about a ladie who was on one of the trains headed for the camps in world war two and she got to the gate of the camp, its a horrible subject but she had to choose between her two children and it spends the book with her in the concentration camp and then later after the war. its a pretty harowing book its mostly about ho she chose and coming to terms with it. John Irving is good but i havent read anything of his in a while. im quite heavily into fantasy and sci fi but i allways like to read other books i just sneaked a book of the net that they say will be the biggest book since the bible tho i think its all bull ive been reading that new harry potter one tho i think its more likely one of those harry potter ones that the ans wrote because its full of little errors. if it is written by one of the fans the fan is a pretty ok writer seems dumbledore has a daughter and i suspect a grand daughter i wont spoil it all.

Anne Rice wrote Tale of a Vampire, which they made into a movie. I think they made one of her other vampire books into a movie, too. There were perhaps three books about these vampires. Pretty gripping stuff. I used to read Stephen King when I was in grade school. Moved on.

Sophie's Choice was made into a movie here in the US with Meryl Streep, a very talented actress, in the leading role. I don't think I have seen it, as my sig. other would consider it a "depressing" movie and I don't often rent movies for myself. I should read the book.

Come to think of it, I think I did see that movie, but I tend to forget movies almost immediately whereas I recall books a bit better.

There was another movie, a great critical success here, called Schindler's List, and we tried to watch that one once, but early in the movie they parted a little boy from his mother and at that moment I was that mother and that was my little boy and I pretty much went to pieces, so I've never watched that one. The holocaust movie that I love, and it is off the beaten track, is Life is Beautiful, though the end is still sad. It's in Italian, but I still took my kids to see it back when it came out -- too good to miss. They got most of it.

One of my very favorite movies (notice how I changed from books to movies, somehow) was made in the UK, damn funny movie, called Waking Ned Devine. LMAO. Took the kids to see that one, too.

About the only Sci-fi book I've ever read (other than Kurt Vonnegut, if you can call him sci-fi -- he is in a class by himself) is Dune. You may recognize my moniker from that tome. Not usually my thing, but I really liked that one. I've read The Hobbit, which is more fantasy, but my son and I have had a hard time with the rest of the Tolkien trilogy, and now they are making it into these fantastic movies. :hyper: Lord of the Rings has finally captured the imaginations of the less literate Americans.

My son went crazy for Watership Down, after I remembered reading it as a teenager, but the author hasn't written a sequel, other than a group of short stories. That was an intricate book.

Ah, Harry Potter. Why do you say that the fans are writing it? My son has read them all with relish, and I have not read any of them. Sadly. I have seen the movies, though. :p

The last John Irving I read was Prayer for Owen Meany. Cider House Rules was a good one, but The World According to Garp was probably his best work, IMO.

See, I can talk books all night. I read book after book after book to get my bachelor's degree (Great Books-type curriculum), and we haven't even touched on any of those. We lugged home a new carton full of books every semester and read them all. I'm about the only person I know who has read 'Waiting for Godot' or 'I and Thou'. Not coffee table books, those two. One day I'm going to unpack and re-read all those books again. Meanwhile, I'll stick with historical fiction -- it's less demanding. :D

how nice to meet some one who like books im not shure ive read annie rice after all someone gave me a mery shelley book to read ive got it here somewhere i think it was called franksomething.. i cant say ive read any steven king the nearest i can manage is james herbert tho i dont like the writing style it got tyred after domane. a friend of mine in uni got me into readin raymond e feist after i mentioned reading the amtrack wars. and that has kept me busy for a long time.. i must e-mail him. i talk of harry potter because after they braught the third one out i decided i had to know what all the fuss was about and they said that most of the people who read it where adults. they all seem to follow a format but at least they have people reading i suppose. i havent seen the film of sofies choice i will have to keep my eyes open for it as i would like to i have heard about shindelers list but i havent seen it or read it. i have read dune that was a big book as i remeber i think the most dificult to read would have to be ither red/green/blue mars or tolkens lord of the rings as you mention it was a slow book for me because of all those funny little songs. i was dissapointed to see they left tom bombadilo out of the film. i think they made watership down into an animated film. all good stuff :)

Well, I looked up that Mars trilogy and it looks worthwhile -- I'll have to look it up at the library when I tire of the historical stuff.

Dune was indeed a long (fat) book, and it turns out there are more books -- lots more -- of Dune. I've only read the one.

Mary Shelley did write Frankenstein, on which all the terror movies of my childhood are based, and I believe her mother (Mary Wollstonecraft) was an author as well, and equally famous in her own right. I read her 'Vindication of the Rights of Woman' in college. She was a woman ahead of her time.

The scariest book I ever read was called 'Crawlspace'. One of the scariest movies I've ever seen was 'Sleeping With the Enemy', although 'Silence of the Lambs' was pretty creepy. Anne Rice's stuff doesn't scare me. It's kind of like historical fiction, with unusual "people". :fun:

Btw, do you think it is ethical for us to have all this fun talking about books and movies when the title of the thread is what's my fish? or some such question? It doesn't seem entirely fair, somehow. :grr:

ethics hmm im not shure but after all the guy has gone and it looks like more of a discusion forum this way lol

Most reactions

Back