Need A Bit Of Re-assurance Please

star4

Fish Connoisseur
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
6,367
Reaction score
1
Points
38
Location
GB
I have had to set up my hosptal tank today 18" x 12" x 11" (39L).

I have had to use my spare filter which I had running in the coldwater tank. (aquaball 2212 100-200l). I used a heater from another tank as the heater had some bacteria on as it was housed under the filter and a plastic plant for the fish to hide in while recovering. I used some water from the tank the fish was from and added some clean. I have added food to the tank to help the filter build up bacteria from transission from cold to warm water (and to feed the poorly fish). I have added melafix for the wound.

I have also left out the lights, but the tank is positioned where it gets natural light, but not direct sunlight.

I must say the fish looks very content lol dispite missing a large part of its fin and a few scales!!!

I am just a bit concerned about the size of the filter, I have it turned down to minimum, but would that amount of filtration affect the melafix? (there is no carbon in the filter).
 
I wouldnt have thought the flow rate would have an affect on the meds.

Tell me it wasnt one of my little monkeys that caused the problems?
 
Hiya, thanks for that, I wasnt sure if it would affect the meds or not. :good:

I dont 100% know whats caused it, its the kissing gourami with some odd injury. In the tank is a large floating log with holes in (not real wood) and the turtle was sitting on the top of it and the serv and gourami were inside, they were having a bit of a shove at each other, but nothing too serious they just both wanted the same hiding place. Then the turtle lept into the water, just as the gourami shot out of one of the holes and they collided she seemed fine before I went to bed but this morning she seems to have lost a lot of one of her fins and a few scales, it was a little bloody. I think it was just a pure accident, but I will keep a carefull watch when I put her back in.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top