Nec Convention Extravaganza: March 20-22

Wagtail65

Mostly New Member
Reaction score
Hi, everyone. Wanted to pass this along and invite y'all. The NEC Convention is a large and friendly event held each year a nice hotel. This is milestone anniversary year with 15 speaker programs over 1.5 days and lots of other happenings including a fish show, auctions and sales (incl. plant vendors). Folks from all over the US and sometimes Europe attend annually. You can come for a day or stay the weekend. We are a non-profit 501C coalition of aquarium clubs. All are welcome. Thanks! - Ted
https://www.facebook.com/events/305779486289679/?ref=ts&fref=ts

http://northeastcouncil.org/NewNEC/index.php/convention

Attachments

RCA

Reaction score
Looks great, alas too far for me

In the UK, we have a very large venue called the NEC, and I spent sometime looking for this there before I realised it was not even in this country-duh, must be tired. Hope you manage to get some pics to share with us all.

TwoTankAmin

Reaction score
I have been attending this event on and off in some fashion since 2002. I am friends with the current Chair person and usually know or am familiar with a few of the speakers as well. It is a nice event, with good people and lots of fish and hard goods for sale. It is not over priced and you would be hard pressed not to have a good time if you attend. And you will get to pick the brains of some pretty amazing fish folks.

Because i am within an hour drive i do not stay in the hotel, but I do attend parts of Fridays and Saturdays and sometimes Sunday. But I tend to stay away from Sunday and the big auction as I have no more room for new fish and cannot resist temptation at times.

I will be posting some fish I have available and can deliver at the show to anyone going. I may even be doing some selling from the club tables on Saturday. I hope to meet some of this site's American members there.

TwoTankAmin

Reaction score
In case you might be thinking of attending this event, I will have a setup in the vendor room. I have some rare and less rare plecos I will offer (H. zebra, L236, H. contradens, L450,and  the remaining5  fish in my P compta breeding group) as well as catappas, rooibos and assorted used but working and in good condition filters and powerheads. Oh yes, I may have a few plants as well.

Hope to see you there.

TwoTankAmin

Reaction score
Its just around the corner.

I will also  have these items available: Rummy Nose Tetras- Lg.,Redline Torpedo Barbs (2in), sidthimunki "dwarf chain" loach, hasbrosus cory, amano shrimp, nerite snails.