Nature Aquarium

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

George Farmer

ad aqua
Reaction score
Here are some recent shots from my pimped Juwel Rio 125. I'm slowly getting to grips with my Canon EOS 10D.

You can follow the progress of this tank from scratch on the PFK blogs...

The first shot was taken into my hallway mirror. I quite liked the effect.

f_mirrorm_8aa18f2.jpg

f_rotalamacrom_f601000.jpg

f_shrimpm_47baed3.jpg

George, we should stop meeting like this, first Aquatic Photography forum and now here! As I said in the other forum you HAVE certainly got to grips with the camera and your tank is stunning!

GOOD WORK FELLA! :hyper:

While I am here George, I have just bought a natural C02 kit (add yeast, sugar and water and her presto!). I do have a question that I hope you can answer;

Is the amount of C02 proportional to the amount of water in your tank or the number of plants (the only plants in there at the moment that are real are 1 Java Fern and an Anubis growing on some diftwood)?? :unsure:

how old is that tank?

and how much did your camera cost? i was plannin on gettin one a while back but wasn't too keen on the price

I have the EOS400D which is a few models down from the one george has, but im still really happy with it.
It's the cheapest SLR canon do IIRC at around about £450, but definately worth it
hope this helps

JC :good:

Thanks all.

how old is that tank?

and how much did your camera cost? i was plannin on gettin one a while back but wasn't too keen on the price

The tank itself is 5 years old. The aquascape about 3 months from scratch.

The camera is a Canon EOS 10D. It's 'old' now, with only 6.3MP, but they're good MP... I paid 200GBP with a load of gear, second hand from my uncle. It was a good deal.

The 400D is a nice entry level model.

Another option is the Nikon D40 or better still, D40x. Similar prices.

There are bargains to be had if you look hard enough...

Cheers.

This tank is amazing - i really wish I knew (or could work out) how you scape something like this!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back