Natural Environment Photos?

fi_sjo

Fish Fanatic
Joined
Aug 5, 2009
Messages
60
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Hi all,

I'm wondering if anyone has any photographs of the natural environment for fish like the Bumble-bee Goby and Figure 8 Puffer?

Would like some inspiration on creating a biotope :)

(not looking for tank photos)

Thanks
 
Hello, I took this pics in a small mangrove swamp on Ilha Grande, about 200 km South of Rio de Janeiro. There I spotted a couple of Tetraodon, not able to specify the species, though... I have more pics, if you want.

Cheers
Maurizio

One more thing: I'm not at all sure this is indeed the F8P environment, and even less about BBG, but anyhow, I though it was worth sharing one of the pics, showing a mangrove swamp.
 

Attachments

  • Dsc_5240tmp.webp
    Dsc_5240tmp.webp
    64.2 KB · Views: 169
Thanks for posting the photo. If you could post some more that'd be great! :good:
 
Hi, there you go.
It's painful posting photos here, though, one has to downscale them, and still no more than 100 KB at a time...

One more note: this environment was FULL sea water. Very dirty place, lots of rubbish collected by the swell on the shore.
 

Attachments

  • Dsc_5246tmp.webp
    Dsc_5246tmp.webp
    75.5 KB · Views: 140
One more from the same environment.
 

Attachments

  • Dsc_5235mod.webp
    Dsc_5235mod.webp
    55 KB · Views: 171
This is a very different environment: Porto de Galinhas, northern Brazil, brackish. Quite clean water, little river streaming to meet the sea, this spot is famous for sea horses, they're everywhere. The pics were taken at high tide, and the sea is a few hundred m away.
I can't recall spotting fishes, but crabs and snails are in the millions.

...and one more! :-)
 

Attachments

  • Dsc_5388mod.webp
    Dsc_5388mod.webp
    58.6 KB · Views: 149
  • Dsc_5394mod.webp
    Dsc_5394mod.webp
    79.9 KB · Views: 150
Many thanks for the photos, maurizio.

If it makes life easier, you can upload the photos without resizing to a free image hosting website like imgur.com and just link to the images here using
 

Most reactions

Back
Top