Nasty Gourami

star4

Fish Connoisseur
Joined
Mar 2, 2009
Messages
6,367
Reaction score
1
Points
38
Location
GB
My pink kissing gourami is really really nasty. No matter what fish I put it with it attacks them, going for their eyes? I have tried re-arranging the tank. Tried her with various other fish (including red tailed black shark, serverum and firemouth) and he harrassed them too? I dont know what to do with her. She is now in a tank on her own with a small turtle (she seems most satisfied at this) is she doomed to a life on her own?
 
shame, can you take her to the LFS explain and swap her for something else ? or even offer to rehome her here, dosent seem fair on her something is making her (him) unhappy- maybe just a grouch tho :/

hope things work out for u both :)
shelagh xxx
 
Hi Shelagh, she came to me with two big plecs (she had been in a tank with just them for years). I have even tried her back in with them and she went for thier eyes too????? she has been in with other gourami's, small cichlids (kribs & rams) thats why I tried bigger cichlids but I am getting the feeling, like you say, she is just a grumpy fish. I couldnt take her to a fish shop because dispite her hatred of other fish she is a character and I doubt anyone else would want psyco fish lol
 
Yiiiiiiiiipppeeeeeeee I have found my goruami a friend. Its a female Thorichthys ellioti, which has suprised me because she hated the firemouth but is very happy with the female ellioti, maybe its because the firemouth was a male?
 

Most reactions

Back
Top