Nano Clean Up Crew

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Elrohirthehasty

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Besides Dwarf/Pygmy corys, what options are there for a nano CUC?  I'm thinking for a 10 gallon tank.  Any small loaches?

Shrimp and snails i think cories and most definatly loaches(which are shoaling fish)are unsuitanle for nanos.

Dwarf/pygmy corys are fine for a 10g tank though they need to be fed just like the other fish. I have no idea if there are any loaches for that size tank, agreed with NC, shrimp & snails are probably your best bet.

yea dwarf/chain loaches are the smallest and cant be kept at 15 gallons up, also i forgot that 10 gallons are nanos but cories dont really do that much cleaning and really are needed at all for that purpose.

ncguppy830 said:
yea dwarf/chain loaches are the smallest and cant be kept at 15 gallons up, also i forgot that 10 gallons are nanos but cories dont really do that much cleaning and really are needed at all for that purpose.

Maybe I could do a 15 gallon with dwarf chain loaches...

How does this sound:

10 Ember Tetra
5 dwarf loach

yea that setup sounds fine but i wouldnt be sure until a nano expert comes around.

Elrohirthehasty said:

Maybe I could do a 15 gallon with dwarf chain loaches...

How does this sound:
10 Ember Tetra
5 dwarf loach

It could be a nano biotope. Some boraras sp. and some chain loaches for a 15. about 10 boraras merah and 5 chain loaches?

DerpPH said:

It could be a nano biotope. Some boraras sp. and some chain loaches for a 15. about 10 boraras merah and 5 chain loaches?

Are boraras a genus of rasbora?  I'm not sure whether my LFS will have many micro rasboras. 
What plants are SE asian if I did a biotope?

Elrohirthehasty said:

Are boraras a genus of rasbora?  I'm not sure whether my LFS will have many micro rasboras. 

What plants are SE asian if I did a biotope?

Cryptocoryne parva is one. so are java moss and java fern

Any crypt species is relatively light un-fussy, but they do feed heavily through roots so a nutritious substrate is a must.

Tek oot.

What about just not siphoning the gravel well? (Seeing as it's hard with all those plants and roots anyway)

A couple of Red Spotted Nerite snails will strip through the tank and clean everything perfectly.

214jay said:
A couple of Red Spotted Nerite snails will strip through the tank and clean everything perfectly.
So would some Malaysian trumpeteers for the biotope look.

DerpPH said:

yea but nerites eggs dont hatch in freshwater, trumpets do and they quickly overpopulate an aquarium.

ncguppy830 said:
yea but nerites eggs dont hatch in freshwater, trumpets do and they quickly overpopulate an aquarium.

True. But in the wild they do just that. Nerites are quite short lived. 1-2 uears. While malaysians are always breeding.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back