Mystery snail Lethargic :(

Sgooosh

Fish Maniac
Tank of the Month 🏆
2x Fish of the Month 🌟
Reaction score
Hello all. I have a mystery snail that has been in the tank for 1/2 year. He was never the most happy since the temp was wrong but hes still survivng
he has some blue cyano on his back i think... the shell rot seems to have stopped but suddenly one day i was going to feed him, and he doesn't just insantly squirm back in his shell like he used to... he also didnt eat the food
i put him ina breeder box

What is the ammonia, nitrite, nitrate and pH of the tank water?
Do you add anything to the tank?

Post pictures of the snail.

--------------------
Do the following.

Wipe the inside of the glass down with a clean fish sponge. This removes the biofilm on the glass and the biofilm will contain lots of harmful bacteria, fungus, protozoans and various other microscopic life forms.

Do a 75% water change and gravel clean the substrate every day for a week. The water changes and gravel cleaning will reduce the number of disease organisms in the water and provide a cleaner environment for the fish to recover in.
Make sure any new water is free of chlorine/ chloramine before it is added to the tank.

Clean the filter if it hasn't been done in the last 2 weeks. However, if the filter is less than 6 weeks old, do not clean it. Wash the filter materials/ media in a bucket of tank water and re-use them. Tip the bucket of dirty water on the garden/ lawn. Cleaning the filter means less gunk and cleaner water with fewer pathogens.

Increase surface turbulence/ aeration to maximise the dissolved oxygen in the water.

Most reactions

Back