Mystery Snail - How Often To Feed?

Nezabyte

New Member
Joined
Jan 1, 2009
Messages
19
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Hello. I was just wondering how often I should feed my 2 mystery snails? They seem to want to eat every couple hours. Is it possible to overfeed them like fish? I don't know whether to drop food once a day or throughout the day.

Edit: Whoops, I should've put this in the Invertebrates section >.< Sorry.
 
thats ok welcome. i usally if the snails are in with fish that tend to not let there food hit the bottom of the tank (like a betta) feed the snails twice a day, once in the morning once in the evening right before lights out (they tend to be very active at night).
if the snails are in a large community tank i only feed them and there fellow bottom dwellers once a day, they tend to pic at any left overs left behind by the guppies or anyone else. snails are not that finkey when it comes to food either, mine eat just about anything that hits the bottom of the tank. from tropical fish flakes to algae waffers they will even climb to the top of the tank and eat the food left floating on the surface.
anyways i hope you enjoy these little guys as much as i do.
 
Thanks for the tips :) I find them enjoyable to watch, especially when they're eating.
 
i will probally get yelled at for this but i will put my hand in the tank with the snails and let them climb up on it. it is and intresting feeling to let them climb up and they think it is the coolist thing.
 
I. Didn't know snails eat food we feed them. I have a chinese trapdoor but both have grown a lot and I don't feed them. Will my kind eat shrimp pellets and such?
 
I. Didn't know snails eat food we feed them. I have a chinese trapdoor but both have grown a lot and I don't feed them. Will my kind eat shrimp pellets and such?
like i said before they are not finky when it comes to food. my snails love shrimp pellets, algae waffers and sinking wafers.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top