My water is bad

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

canucker07

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
okay so my tank is full of greenish cloudy (more cloudy) water i went to the lfs today and asked what to do so they gave me an item called P-Clear unfornately that didnt work its still unclear just a little less i dont know what to do now

Its a algae bloom i think, we have one at the moment at work, all the tanks are green and cloudy.
I'm not sure how to cure it, lots of water changes??

John

was the tank just setup?
if yes, than it is normal and should go away afetr a few days

I had cloudy water for about a week when i started up my tank

I would change water often (try changing 20-25% every day for 3-4 days). do you add any fertilizer to the water? How long are the lights on?

P-Clear will stick to particles to make them bigger so your filter can pick them up. It's really not useful in my opinion. A crappy lfs sold me a bottle but all it was is a bacterial bloom so it just went away by itself.

There is also a B-Clear that will stick to bacteria to make them stick to the filter but i don't find this necessary.

Just change water and see if it clears.

EDIT For canucker

GO HABS GO!!! :p

well i took the advice from the link and just covered my tank i have had a problem like this in the past and its really annoying so i didnt want to have to blackout the tanks but i guess thats the only really good thing to do cuz i have proof of it working what really is the sad part is that i had to spend 10 bucks on a useless bottle of P-Clear thats the bad part

ps. yvez9 Canucks can domitnate and raddle the Habs lol

We learn from our mistakes canucker (like chearing for the canucks... we have 24 stanley cups to prove this :p)

I bought that useless bottle too and will most likely never have to use it. So many aquarium products are useless. Most people will however spend a small fortune on these and get frustrated they do not work. Just take the Cycle products and similar ones. They don't really work but people will still follow instructions on the bottles and spend money for them.

Best thing to do is always research and come here when in doubt! :)

wow i dont want to wait lol i wanna see my new fish but ill wait i just have the question on how long it will take
(that hurts man that hurts lol)

anyone know how long its gonna take that i have to blackout my tank lol cuz i forgot

i would take a look at it now, it's been about 3 days.

do a water change and see what it looks like afterwards
and yup, purigen does wonders!

wow its all cleared but with only the help of the P-Clear i know it wouldnt be advised to do what i did but i had to so i doubled the dosage twice and its all prefection great looking and up to par now i will buy i new filter pad and be all set thanks alot for everyones help ttyl

Most reactions

Back