My Vision 260L Setup

thanks for the compliments, means alot :D

but with regards to loaches, i cant stomach them, they make me feel sick :S , watching them move just makes me cringe :blush:

but i am a cory fan all day long lol

you should add some comboda for the guppies then you will not need the breeding nets and some jave moss is good to float they will hide in the plants the more ya have .my guppies breed all the time and the fry are not eaten at all they hide and come out when they are bigger.this is much less stressful on the females and i have found i get way more fry in the tank.i get it on ebay its cheap and lasts a long time and looks great.big bunches is best for them.

i have some moss, i bought six lots, but i did have squishes, saw them, next day gone, thought i'd take a look in the pump, and voila! squishes ahd been sucked into the filter!

they have to stay in the net as i'd be literally fishing them out every other day!

i found five in the pump!

i did want "survival of the fittest" as i dont want to be over run, but the poor lass was being so harrassed i put her there for a while to relax, shes now free with her mates again (plus i need the trap for young as they keep getting swallowed by the pump, so my fittest theory went out the window!)

and the little devils keep escaping the net, and i have to keep putting them back :rolleyes:

the tank lid is on off on off on off....

I like your stocking I think cories are wonderful I'm thinking of getting some for my tank.

The only things I would recommend is getting some more taller plants. If you're not into real plants then get some silk plants. It will balance the tank out a bit more as it looks a bit low and horizontal due to the lack of tall decorations (ifyouknowwhatimean lol!)

Some easy grow plants you could use are elodea densa and camboba. Your guppies will appreciate it as it will give them some cover, maybe also get some hidey holes for the females so they can escape some male harrasment and your cories will like sleeping in there too.

Wow your tank is really really nice! I really like the look of the big one, that pic of the sterbai is fantastic it looks really profesional and your sand!!! How do you keep it that clean?? What camera do you use?

I just have to ask though why did you choose to get a gibbiceps and a sailfin plec for your tank these are both monster plecs there are far more suitable plecs for your tank have you seen the planet catfish site? http://www.planetcatfish.com/catelog/numbers.php?mode=l&thumbs=16&start=240&genus_id=0 thats every plec known and numbered :D I think for your size tanks a 7 inch plec would be your limit as opposed to the 18-24 inch size your current plecs will achieve. I know these are not a problem now but be prepared for them to rapidly grow over the year.

thansk for the input guys!

Sofia,

with regards to the decor, i'm not doing anything yet, as its all being moved to the new tank, and i plan on decorating it all then, as the rio is being made into a betta tank, i will need coconut caves, terracotta pots and silk plants. i'll also be looking into more fake plants and hidey holes eventually.

wills:

i do know i have big plecs, and i adore them :wub:

my plan is, when they get bigger, i ask kev for a bigger tank :D (i have a plan :p )

my camera is a nikon d40, i use macro mode witn manual focus a majority of the time (not all the time)

with regards to the sand, i either literally poopa scoop, i either use a net and spatular that i use specifically for the sand levelling, and scrape it in the net, or as i am doing alot of water changes atm (due to water spike), i use the vac.

i plan on all my current stock going into the vision, looks pretty naff atm as its empty!,, then the rio being made into a betta tank

i appreciate the feedback :D

thanks!

gosh you don`t hang about do you :lol:
tanks looking beautiful as does the kitty keeping an eye on them ..
well done.... cant wait to see the next instalment :)

shelagh xxx

right, today i went out and bought the stuff i need to set up the vision, so i have made a start!

got the piping for the filter, as the one currently running the rio is an ex1200, so I am just going to cheat and move it over as its all set up and cycled etc, but as all the pipes had been cut to fit the rio, they wont fit on the vision so i bought some more today :fun:

so, the tank had ANOTHER scrub (thanks to my slave Kev) with salt this time, and swilled well (to ensure no diseases).

brought it back into the house and added the backing properly, cut to size etc, but still looks dark and dull. i think this is down to the lights in the tank as it has a warm light and another kind, but they dont appear to be as bright at the rio, so i am going to eventually buy new bulbs too.

so, here is being filled;

DSC_0246.jpg

DSC_0245.jpg

DSC_0247.jpg

and how it stands at the mo.

DSC_0248.jpg

DSC_0249.jpg

DSC_0250.jpg

tomorrow, we're off to argos to get three bags of sand, wash and put it in. i have left enough space to put it in, but will likely remove some more to add some of the water from the rio over to the vision, and then move all inhabitants over.

i do plan on buying more plants and ornaments, as we're going for a ruins theme to go with the sand (hense the backing).

will update again when i have got a little further lol, and also start a seperate thread for the betta tank when it gets a going!!

Very Nice!

:D

Seriously!

£100 for that tank! xD

Realy Nice setup beats mine xD

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

• Chad
    Reef Tank, Crustacean, and Puffer Enthusiast

Members online

Back